View inventory by item ID (lot & pallet detail)
The number of hours spent on pulling inventory reports, calling/emailing a facility, and navigating multiple systems when monitoring inventory can be significantly reduced by incorporating Lineage Link into your daily workflow.
With Inventory Visibility, you can see all the data from your suppliers, products, inventory, carriers, and customers in real-time.
This article covers:
- Searching by an item ID
- View stock on hand by lot, pallet, & item ID
- Using different units of measure
- Report on inventory
Searching by an item ID
Two ways to search your inventory for product stored across multiple Lineage facilities:
- Global Search
- Inventory Summary filter
To quickly find and navigate to an item stored at a Lineage facility, you can search by:
- Keyword (from the product description)
- Item ID (Reference #)
Search wide open by typing in a reference or narrow your search by selecting the Inventory filter in Global Search.
Pro-tip! View an item ID that has quantities stored across multiple Lineage facilities right from your Global Search results.
Hovering over a search result will pull up the Item Summary Card to the right of the search and display that items balances at one facility.
To see more detail for an item at a Lineage facility, click on the result you wish to navigate to.
Filter the Inventory Summary
To quickly find and navigate to an item stored at a Lineage facility, apply a filter to your Inventory Summary page to search by either the item description/name or item ID, then click APPLY.
View stock on hand by lot, pallet, & item ID
Search for any item ID where you store products across Lineage facilities. Drill through the Details tab of an item to view associated lot and pallet level detail.
Toggle between lot or pallet detail.
Use filters to prioritize data that is most important to you.
Reference an explanation of each filter option & fields below.
- Lot #: The assigned Lineage lot ID
- Customer lot #: Useful if your company has its own lot ID associated with an item ID.
- Date: Filter by a specific date range for,
- Best by date
- Code date
- Depleted date
- Expiration date
- Production date
- Slaughter date
- Received date
Note: Certain fields may not populate. Data displayed for certain fields will vary depending on what information is sent over from your company to the Lineage warehouse when the product is received.
- Quantity: Filter by a specific balance type such as,
- On hand– The total number of cases for this item at a Lineage facility. This total includes available, committed, and on hold products.
- Available – Number of cases available to sell and not yet committed to an outbound order.
- Committed – Number of cases that have been committed to orders by lot/pallet but have not left the warehouse.
- On hold – Number of cases in the warehouse that are currently on hold and not available to ship out to a customer.
Using different units of measure
Access the units of measure icon at the top-right of the Inventory page.
View data in different units of measure such as,
- Base Units: The standard unit of measure your company uses for Inventory will be displayed by default. Most commonly it's in cases, but some accounts use barrel, drum, tote, carton).
- Gross weight: Total weight for the items including packaging.
- Net weight: The total weight of the contents, not including packaging.
- Pallets: Total number of pallets for an Item ID.
Use the unit of measure icon, to view quantities for on hand, available, committed, and on hold product in a different unit of measure by selecting one from the drop-down. Note: By default, Base units will be displayed (cases/totes/drum/barrel), depending on the standard unit of measure your company uses.
Keep in mind, if you change your measurement it will make the change across all inventory data that are displayed, for example:
Global Search results will display item quantities, in the unit of measure you’ve selected.
Lot/pallet detail will display quantities, in the unit of measure you’ve selected.
Report on inventory
To access and run inventory reports, click on the Lineage Link logo at the top of any page you’re on to expand the App Tray shortcuts. Select the Lineage Reports shortcut (no additional sign-in required).
Lineage Reports will open in a separate tab on your browser, so you can easily toggle between Lineage Link and the reporting platform.
How do I run/export a report?
Select a facility or multiple facilities, for which you want to run a report.
Fill in the fields any required fields with an asterisk (*) first, before you run the report.
Once you have the desired criteria, click on the APPLY button to run a report.
Once the report has been processed, click the export icon to choose from a range of file formats such as Excel or PDF.