Create and manage users
Lineage Link allows you to give access to your employees and manage your company’s user accounts.
Feature requirement(s): This feature can only be performed by the primary employee within your company/organization who has the Admin Role and permission to manage user setup and access requirements.
This article covers:
User environment(s): Customer tenant
Understanding roles and permissions
Before creating or modifying a user’s account, it is important to understand the purpose of Lineage Link’s standard roles and permissions.
There are three types of standard roles to choose from that allow a user to have a certain level of permission within your Lineage Link platform. The table below outlines the purpose of each Feature Group and Role.
Role & Permission Level
How to create and invite a user
Click the + icon to expand Create menu in the utility bar located in the upper-right corner.
Fill in the following information for the specific user you’re creating, then click CREATE.
- Full name: Enter the user’s first and last name.
- Role: Select the appropriate role to give the user the permissions they are approved for.
- Email: Enter the user’s email address.
- Title: Enter the user’s job title.
The user will be sent an email invite to complete their registration. Once the end-user receives their email invite, they can click ACCEPT INVITE and walk through the following steps.
Pro-tip! If the end-user has trouble finding the email invitation, they should check their spam folder, or this may require the user’s internal IT organization to resolve the blocked email address: email@example.com.
Once the invite has been excepted the user will be taken to a welcome screen where they can complete the editable fields in their profile listed below, then click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Company name: Pre-populated with the company name. Note: This field is not editable.
- Full name: Pre-populated with the name entered when the user account was created. This can be edited by the user if they need to make changes to their preferred name.
- Email: Pre-populated with the email address used to create the account. This is the primary email address and is used for sign-in purposes. Note: The primary email address is not editable.
- Phone: User enters a phone number. This number is used if they decide to set up custom notifications.
- Password: The user creates a password based on the criteria listed.
- Timezone: The user selects a time zone. Important! Timezone is how any dates/times appear to the user when they sign in.
Once registration is complete the user can access their company’s Lineage Link platform through the sign-in URL: https://app.turvo.com using their individual user account email and password.
Important! A new user email invite will expire 24 hours after it was sent. If the invite was not accepted, the Admin can resend the email invite from the Admin Console. For more information, see the Manage an existing user section of this article.
Manage an existing user account
The Admin can manage existing user accounts for their company’s Lineage Link platform by navigating to the Users section of the Admin Console.
The actions you can take to manage any user account are described below.
Resend invite: If a new user hasn’t accepted their email invitation within 24 hours it will expire, and a new invite can be sent to their email without having to re-create their profile.
To resend a new user invite, select the 3-dots icon to the right of the user account listed, then click Resend invite from the menu.
Suspend: The user will be blocked from accessing Lineage Link and cannot log in. Access for the user can be restored manually at any time.
To temporarily change the status of a user, select the 3-dots icon to the right of the user account listed to expand the menu. Click Suspend to temporarily deactivate the user so they cannot log in, or click Restore to make them an Active user again.
Delete: This will permanently remove the user from Lineage Link. This doesn't delete their shipments, accounts, messages, or other data. However, the user can no longer be added to any new messages, accounts, shipments, or other data.
To permanently remove a user, select the 3-dots icon to the right of the user account listed, then click Delete from the menu.